Ethical Standards and Practices
Professional Association of Resume Writers and Career Coaches (PARW/CC) – Code of Ethics: A PARW/CC member in good standing will:
- Professionally provide clients with products and services that will enhance
their abilities to achieve their goals and objectives regardless of race, color,
creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, level of income, or physical handicap.
- Be sensitive to client needs and compassionate in providing advice,
products, and services in meeting the client’s specific career goals.
- Deliver to the client what was promised and be truthful in guiding, advising,
and counseling clients in all aspects of the resume writing/employment
- Maintain strict confidentiality with every client, revealing information only upon
written authorization by the client.
- Keep current of new trends, formats, writing styles, and résumé/employment
presentations to best serve his/her clients through the PARW/CC newsletter
and other sources.
- Stay abreast of market and hiring trends that will affect his/her clientele. By
staying current, PARW/CC members will provide up-to-date advice, counsel,
products, and services to better meet clients’ career objectives.
- Comply with all legal obligations in providing professional services.
Be aware that contact with the public as a PARW/CC member promotes the
organization and reflects on the resume writing/consulting service as an
- Be responsible to the community and be a contributing part of this
environment through participation in community activities, and will offer
professional advice and information pertaining to the resume
- Emphasize the professional spirit of the organization by encouraging and
promoting good relations among members.